Friday, October 5, 2012

27 Raffia Sunflower Wreath


Oh AUTUMN!!! The Fall leaves are turning into beautiful hues of Orange, Red and the crisp Chartreuse.

I stumbled upon a few Raffia hanks in my craft stash. To my surprise they were the perfect color scheme to create a Country Fall Wreath.

Raffia is an inexpensive and versatile product with many decorative uses; from embellishments to covering a simple straw wreath.

To begin, I gathered the following materials:

Materials:
  • 14" diameter Straw Wreath
  • Burlap - Natural Shade
  • Raffia Hanks - 2 or more colors
  • Fall Sunflower Stems
  • Felt
  • Chipboard Letters
  • Sunflower Adhesive Glitter Shapes
  • Ribbon - 2 1/2" wide
  • Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
  • Sharp pair of Scissors
Directions:
Wreath:
  1. Cut Burlap into strips measuring approximately 36" long.
  2. Wrap straw wreath with Burlap strips. Tack with hot glue gun as you wrap them around the wreath.
  3. Take several strands of each color Raffia. Glue ends together to form a cluster. Begin wrapping and gluing Raffia clusters around the wreath.
  4. Continue wrapping Raffia color clusters until the wreath is covered.
Embellishments:
  1. Cut wire from Sunflower Stems so that they lay flat once glued to the wreath.
  2. Glue 3 Sunflowers to wreath's bottom section.
  3. Trace cardboard letters onto felt. I inversed my letters before tracing to avoid tracing lines from showing.
  4. Cut letters around tracing lines.
  5. Glue glittered shapes onto each letter's top section.
  6. Glue letters to either side of wreath to create your choosen word or phrase.
  7. Cut a piece of Ribbon measuring approximately 25" long. I used my Pinking shears to decorate the ribbon edges.
  8. Wrap ribbon around wreath's top section. Tie to make a knot.

And here it is.... my colorful Raffia wreath will add a country look to my Fall Decor. I love the rustic look and texture Raffia added to my wreath.

I hope you give this tutorial a try.

HAPPY FALL!!!!

Linking to:

Visit thecsiproject.com

Today's Creative Blog
debbie-debbiedoos






27 comments:

  1. I love your wreath and would love for you to come link it up on my Monday Funday link this Monday at http://melsdaisypatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking this wreath up with my link party! I really really like it! I have those same sunflower buttons!

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is beautiful! You did a fabulous job. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. So thrilled to have you share. I just followed you on FB, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that I'm following you! What a pretty wreath! It looks awesome, thanks so much for sharing:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute wreath. Perfect for Fall. Thanks for sharing. Glad you joined my party. Could you add my link as well...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I love all of those colors together. Too cute!! I'd love for you to link this up at my Creatively Tuesdays linky party... http://www.therusticpig.com/2012/10/creatively-tuesdays-3.html
    Hope to see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy wreath! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Housewives. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-18.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful, beautiful wreath! Thank you so much for sharing this over at The Purple Pumpkin Blog Link Party!

    I'm pinning this as well onto my Wreath board on Pinterest.

    Have a great week!

    Michelle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! it's a nice bright touch for the door!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool!

    Would love to have you join my weekend linky party!

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-5.html

    Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty wreath! I'd love to invite you to link up to Fall Into the Holidays!

    http://redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/fall-into-the-holidays-5/

    Katie @ Horriic Knits

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! Just stopping by to let you know that I featured your wreath at my Submarine Sunday link party! Stop by to grab a feature button! :-) Thanks for linking up last week, and I'll hope you'll link up again this week! Have a great Sunday!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/10/submarine-sunday-2-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! So glad that I found you as a fellow feature on Lakeshore Drive. I am also your newest follower! Hope you have time to stop by Still Woods for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! You should enter your photos into Craftbaby's Fall Decor Challenge! :) http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/31/fall-decor

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love your adorable Fall Wreath! Thanks so much for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! We hope you'll be back! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover