Thursday, September 13, 2012

27 FALL Leaf Wreath


The crisp AUTUMN days are here!!! FALL is my favorite season of the year. I love the vibrant earthy colors and the decorations that transform any home into a Bountiful Harvest. 

I love the Rustic look of Burlap. To celebrate the Season I decided to create a Leaf Wreath to dress up my front door for welcoming FALL. I combined a Straw Wreath, Burlap and Fall Fabrics to create my wonderful and simple Fall wreath.

Here is what you will need to make this wreath.....
 
Materials:
  • 14" diameter Straw Wreath
  • Burlap
  • Fabrics - I purchased five different Fall prints; 1/4 yard each
  • Fusible Fleece - purchased at Joann's Fabrics
  • Leaf Pattern
  • Tracing Paper
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks
  • Natural Raffia
  • Sharp pair of Scissors
  • Sharpie
Directions:
  1. Cut Burlap into long strips. I cut 4 strips measuring approximately 36" each.
  2. Wrap wreath with Burlap strips. Tack with hot glue gun as you wrap strips around the wreath.
  3. Fuse Leaves:
  4. Cut fabric in half, measuring approximately
    9" x 21". You should be able to fit 5 leaves on each panel. Save the second panel for other projects.
  5. Following manufacturer's instructions; fuse fleece to wrong side of each fabric panel.
  6. Trace and cut your Leaf Pattern. Use the pattern to trace it on the fused side of the fabric. I used a sharpie to trace the leaf pattern. Cut fused leaves inside the tracing lines.
  7. I cut 25 leaves (5 of each fabric panel).
  8. Assembly:
  9. Starting at the center top of the wreath, begin attaching the fused leaves using the hot glue gun; overlapping them as you go.
  10. Continue adding all the leaves until the wreath is completely covered.
  11. Gather several lengths of Raffia and tie to form a Bow. Trim ends and glue to the wreath's bottom section.
And here it is.... my colorful FALL wreath is ready to be displayed.
I hope you give this tutorial a try.

HAPPY FALL!!!!


Linking to:

Visit thecsiproject.com

Today's Creative Blog
debbie-debbiedoos

Beyond The Picket Fence




27 comments:

  1. Thanks Debbie. I will link-up next Monday as I missed this week's party. Happy Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! I'd love for you to link this project up to Do Something Crafty Friday: http://seevanessacraft.com/2012/09/do-something-crafty-57/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty wreath! I love the fabrics you used to make the leaves. I'm your newest follower! :-)

    T'onna @ www.navywifeypeters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Happy Friday! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_09_10_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your wreath! Thanks so much for sharing at Sunday Round Up! I hope you have a wonderful week!,

    -kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This wreath is so cute. I am joining the newbie party too.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the cutest wreaths I've seen. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Oz. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-15.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fall, I love wreaths! You have combined them well! Stopping by from Debbie Doo's Newby Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so darn cute....it makes me happy...I'm saw you at Make the Scene Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute!

    I'm hosting my first linky party - would love for you to join in:

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-warmth.html

    Thanks,
    Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Cute and colorful Thanks for linking up on I Freakin' Did it Friday @ Miss Information

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! What a great idea! Very good tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your wreath! The leaves are adorable. Your newest follower from the Newbie Party. I would love for you to share this at my linky party. It is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lot of work! It turned out so pretty!
    Thanks for linking with us at tip toe thru tuesday!
    xoxo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for linking up to Financial Friday! Im sharing this on a fall decor roundup post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am loving this wreath! Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just the cutest! Thanks for the step-by-step pictures for this craft dummy! ha ha I saw your link on SNAP! and had to check this out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for sharing your adorable fall wreath at A Bouquet of Talent!! I am so thrilled to have you. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Fall Leaf Wreath is Very Nice & different from anyone else's! I had to comment on it. Great Job! : D

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun and cute wreath! Love it!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SUPER cute! We'd love for you to link this up to our party! http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/09/riverton-housewives-round-up-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely wreath! I love it! I'm your newest follower from the Newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You just did such a wonderful job with this wreath & I love it! I featured you today at Sunday Round Up! > http://www.kaylascreationsblog.com/2012/09/sunday-round-up-22.html Have a GREAT weekend!!,

    -Kayla :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful wreath! Such detail with the wood and fabric. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fusible Fleece. That's something I haven't heard of before. I usually use Pellon Peltex double sided fusible stiff interfacing. I used those to make fabric postcards a few years ago. Fusible Fleece, huh? Sounds nice and fluffy. Thanks for sharing this. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful tutorial for a lovely wreath. It's very different. Thanks for sharing. I added you to Google +. Linky and GFC. I hope you visit....

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover